8.19.2011

Baby Shower Series: "Guest Book"

I know I said guest 'book'... but this is so much more practical! Everyone at the baby shower can sign it and write nice things, then it can be taken home and hung on the wall to remember everytime it's seen, rather than inside a book, shoved in some drawer or box and forgotten.


This started as just a basic, 12" x12", unfinished wood frame from Hobby Lobby (regular price, $9.99). I painted it bright green, then mapped, sketched, and painted these huge polka-dot. The polka-dots were later topped off with glitter, then the whole thing was covered in a coat of gloss. Then came the banner... canvas cut out with my sizzix pennant die (then cut across the top b/c they were too big), then covered in the same gloss from the rest of the frame (to keep the edges from freying too bad). I used iron on t-shirt letters, added some eyelets, and strung it all on ribbon. Just a tip: I used zots to hold down the banner, but you should probably use a hot glue gun (the canvas wants to curl up, and the medium zots just aren't strong enough to hold down the ends).





Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment